Monday, September 29, 2014

The Good and The Bad

Today was a loooooong day. I got into work at 7:30am, had a 10 minute lunch, and only left work at 7pm. The combination of my first trial and a visit from the boss's boss's boss (complete with a presentation by yours truly), this week is a little nuts.

But two things cheered me up when I got to my apartment as the sun set...

First was a package from my aunt. It had jars of jersey shore and shells, two bracelets, some Penn State stickers, Ocean City Coasters, and some New York goodies. It was an awesome taste of home for my apartment and desk! 

The second thing was bacon...
Though it doesn't feel like fall here, I made an yummy fall dinner. Butternut squash soup (which I made during my lazy sunday) with applewood smoked bacon and green apples from the farmer's market. It was delicious and made me feel better while I was working from home. 

Also, one of my favorite movies, The Blind Side, was on. So overall all, a really bad day turned into a really great evening!

This week is going to be a very long one, but I am going to Hollywood this weekend so at least I get rewarded for all my work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment