Sunday, September 7, 2014

Morning on the Bike Path

The benefit of waking up really early is I was able to hit the bike path this morning before it got ungodly amounts of hot. Here is the view once you get about 5 miles out of town. Just straight desert.
There were toooooons of people of the bike path. I was amazed. Serious bikers training, bikers just going for a nice Sunday ride, runners, walkers, people with dogs, etc. 

Once I got off the main trail out into the desert there were less people, which is a little scary because even around 9am it was hot and I had to stop every 3 miles or so for water. 

I did see some interesting animals. There was a pack of coyotes way out sitting under a tree. I couldn't get a good picture of them. I might need to bring my good camera next time. 

I'm sad because I really wanted to see a roadrunner but didn't find any. My coworker who bikes the trail daily sees them all the time, but so far no luck for me! 

I'll be biking the trail more as it's really nice. But my front tire of my bike popped at some point so I'll have to wait until I get it fixed. 

Spending the rest of the day running errands. Still not used to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment