Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Trip to the County Fair

Last night four of my co-workers and I decided to take a trip out to East Bako and go to the Kern County Fair, supposedly the best county fair in California. I've never seen more cowboy hats and pick-up trucks in my life.
The evening started off exciting with me locking my keys in my car and having to call AAA. After that was taken care of, we got down to what we really wanted which was fair food. 

Some highlights included fried pork chops on a stick, alligator on a stick, pizza on a stick, and other things on sticks. I had crab fries (fries with crab on it....not Chickie and Pete's version sadly) But we found the best food at the funnel cake stand. 

Including: BACON maple funnel cake:
 And turtle funnel cake with caramel, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and pecans.
None of these were as good as Fried Oreos, which we could not find anywhere.

We were trying really hard to win a giant cow stuffed animal to hide in the office. There are a lot of empty desks that could have housed it. Instead we won a giant banana (which we are hiding in our conference room on Monday) and this giant hello kitty.
The fair continues for two more weeks so we will probably go back since we only saw about half of it. Plus Joan Jett and Kansas are preforming next weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment