Monday, September 22, 2014

New Music Monday

I listen to a lot of music at work. Since I am new I spend about 7 of my 8 hours at my desk, so finding new music is important for my sanity. A mixture of iHeart Radio (104.5 Philly forever) and Pandora gets me through my day.


1. I'm Only Joking - Kongos
Kongos are my new obsession. They are so different then everything else on the radio right now. I mean, Come With Me Now has an accordion in it and is on the Top 40 station. Weird. 
I'm Only Joking has a great beat to run to at the gym (which I can't currently do because I pulled my quad muscle playing soccer.) and is motivating at work. I love the drum beat. I have kongos full album on my iPhone to listen to tomorrow. 

2. Beware the Dog - The Griswolds
The song is perfect for my new sunny California life! It's super happy and upbeat, even though the lyrics don't match it. I like the clapping and the "woo!" parts. I always get a smile on my face when this comes up on my playlist. I just have to remember not to dance at my desk...

3. Take Me to Church - Hozier
This is one of those songs that came up on my Pandora and I had to stop what I was doing to look at what it was. His voice is so perfect and deep throughout the whole song. I am also a sucker for a song with a piano. I usually hate really slow ballads, but something about this song just works. And I am obsessed with his voice. His music is loaded up on my playlist for this week. 

4. Honey, I'm Good - Andy Grammar
I almost fell asleep at work today. I was reading a super boring report and suddenly this song hit my eardrums like a cup of coffee to wake me up. I've already covered how I like clapping, and thats how it starts off with a fast pace and great beat. This song is going straight on my work out playlist. 

That's it for this monday. At the rate I am listening to new music these posts might have a lot more coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment