Sunday, October 12, 2014

Parents weekend

Mom and Dad came to SoCal this weekend to visit (and help me buy a car) We ate a lot of good food, including Caribbean tapas, steak, and Mexican. Saturday was the best, with a trip up to Sequioa Forest (second time in three weeks for me!)

We saw the biggest tree in the world by volume. I still wasn't that impressed. Neither was Dad. 
We saw lot of big trees....again.
We went to Moro Rock, which was 350 steps and around 7,000 feet above sea level at the very top. It was quite a struggle up. The air was thin and it was in direct sunlight. 
But I think it was worth it. 
You can sorta see the road we took up to the top of the mountain winding through the trees. I got really nauseous. It was like a 45 minute roller-coaster.

Dad was taking in the views 
Here is mom and I at the very top! (Dad fell behind)
Mom and Dad got a rare photo together. 
By the way, that blue sky? That's every day here. 

Here is me putting up my diamond for Penn State THON! 
We did some more talking through the forest. It smelled so good. Because I live in the city with the worst air quality in America, I really appreciate clean air now. 
Oh and Dad got to drive under a fallen tree.
Afterward I got to relive childhood and have my parents at my soccer game. We won, but I didn't play well at all because I was tired from the day in the forest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment