Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cooking lesson with my team!

KLast week I was in Oakland with my co-workers for an off-site meeting. It was nice to meet all of marketing and our corporate partners, but the best part was our "team building" activity: cooking lessons in Berkley at a place called Kitchen on Fire. 
We made a full French meal under the teachings of Chef Olive (seriously). He was a crazy french man who collaborated with UC Berkley microbiologists, chemists, and nuclear physicists (seriously) to make the best food and teach his students the science behind cooking. Since we are all food scientists, it was a perfect evening. 
The food was amazing. And I don't even like french food. 

We made zucchini and tomatoe gratin
Some chicken dish (wasn't paying attention to what It was, other then delicious)
Stewed carrots with grilled skirt steak 
An apple plum tart 
The whole meal looked and tasted amazing.
Add in all the French wine, and it was a great way to complete a long day of troubleshooting our teams biggest issues and arguing with marketing. 

The day ended with a group trip to the hotel bar for a night cap. 

Overall it was a great trip. My favorite part may be that I saw rain for the first time in 2 months. It's weird how much I miss it. 

During the meeting I got two new projects, so it looks like everyone will get to see a Katie-developed product in March! If everything goes to plan, which it never does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment