Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hiking in Hollywood

I took a trip down to LA to hang out with my high school friend, Cameron. It was a beautiful day to go hiking, but every day is beautiful here. I often forget it's mid-October and not July. 

Our first stop was to IKEA because I wanted some lights for my apartment. It was fun to walk around and sit in all the living rooms and such. It was the same IKEA where (500) days of summer was filmed, so I liked that. Also I got to try Swedish meatballs. 

We hiked up to Griffith Observatory, which contains a bunch of hige telescopes that observe the sun. 
It was a pretty intense hike for just outside LA. I was very surprised the bleached blonde starving artists could handle it. And it was ambitious for me since I was very sore from my soccer game last night (we got our first loss, very sad) 

There were familiar sights along the way 
And once we got to the top it was awesome.
It was really hazy today and hot. There hasn't been rain in LA in a few months. It's weird we were so close to the ocean and couldn't see it through the smog.

Hiking worked up a appetite so we went to a cool place called Stout 
We got amazing burgers and onion rings. Perfect post-hiking meal! 

I loved driving back and forth (just an hour and half drive) in my new beetle. It was my baby cars first road trip and I loved it! 

Another work week is ahead of me. My friend and I are planning a big adventure for next weekend so stayed tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment