Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Cupcakes!

I will begin this post by saying I was a little too ambitious this year with cupcakes. I just spent the last 5 hours making these beautiful baked goods (okay there was an hour break for dinner but still) My hands hurt, I have several burns, and my kitchen is a disaster. But I think it was worth it because I had a ton of fun! 

First up, some cupcakes for the office tomorrow. I made Red Velvet cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting....
With a little bloody glasses added on top!
Of course its not real. I made sugar glass. It was very stressful. Basically you mix sugar and water and boil it for a very long time until the temperature reaches 300F. Then you quickly pour it in a pan and reharden it. Smashing it up was my favorite part. 
Hopefully everyone gets a kick out of it. I am making a little sign that says "WARNING: Food Safety Hazard, eat at own risk!" 

Second up was cupcakes for the party I am going to tomorrow night. I made double fudge cupcakes with a milk chocolate frosting. And I made white chocolate spider webs to go on top.
I think they look pretty cool
But more importantly taste amazing.

Well thats all for me today. I am extremely exhausted from my cupcake adventures and I need all my energy for tomorrow! 

Oh and I am on day 4 of no TV! I missed a ton of shows tonight, including How To Get Away With Murder which is one of my new favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment