Tuesday, February 24, 2015

New products!!!

I went to Target today to do my usual supplies replenishing, and I couldn't help but swing by the good old ice cream aisle. I was super excited to see most of my co-workers' new products are finally on the shelves!! After months of eating these awesome products and not being able to share them with anyone, I can finally talk about them!

First up, the Outshine Simply Yogurt bars. I hate eating yogurt a lot. I haven't eaten it since I interned working on yogurt. But I LOVE these bars. I can't stop eating them, which is good because they are only 90 calories. So eating 4 in a day really isn't that bad, right?? My personal flavor is the peach, but really all of them are amazing. And best of all, I can eat them for breakfast and it totally counts as healthy. 

Next up, the fully dipped Skinny Cow bars. Now I don't like Skinny Cow usually...I am more of full fat Haagen Dasz girl, but these are delicious. Which is good to know in case all the haagen dasz bars I eat finally catch up to me and I need a less fatty treat.

The Jersey girl in me is very excited about this new product, Frozen Custard! It is the first packaged frozen custard among the big ice cream companies. It reminds me of boardwalk Kohr Brother's, so naturally I am a big fan. The snicker doodle and salted caramel pretzel are personal favorites. 

The little kid in me is super excited by the new Wonka products. I especially love the Poppin' Pops, which have a core made of pop rocks! It's super weird to be licking the ice cream and suddenly feel the popping in your mouth. And unlike Popsicles, these don't have nasty artificial sweeteners and flavors.

I saved my favorite for last, the new Haagen Dasz artisan collection. These were made by Bridgett, who is my mentor and a fellow Penn Stater. She worked with artisans across the country to bring their ingredients to our ice cream. It is hard to pick a favorite, but mine is Spiced Pecan Turtle and the Applewood Smoked Caramel Almond (it tastes like bacon!!) But I could honestly eat any of these by the bucket full for the rest of my life. 

Soon I will be able to make posts about my own products! My first one should hit shelves around late April. But for now, it's very exciting to see my co-workers' hard work out on the shelves, and to see people buying them. You should probably try them when you see them in stores, you won't regret it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment