Sunday, March 8, 2015

Color Me Rad

So since I am the new, young energetic member of my group, I have found myself voted to be a member of the Nestle Excitement Committee. Along with the other newbies, Todd and Agata, we are in charge of coming up with fun events for team building and lately, stress relief. 

Luckily, one of my favorite events rolled into Bakersfield this weekend, Color Me Rad. It's a 5K where you get covered in colorful paint and powders, and just have a great time. Surprisingly, the whole team was enthusiastic about it and excited to wake up early on a Saturday morning and go running (well, mostly walking). 

Here is the before and after shots of me and my co-workers! It having everyone, from the "young kids" to my manager in on the fun. 

My favorite part is dressing up crazy. My friends Bridgett, Justine and I weren't afraid to go all out. It's hard to see in the pictures, but I had on a cape that got a few compliments. Bridgett embraced her inner hippie with lots of flowers, and Justine rocked out some nerd gear. 

We did some running, mostly through the colors. But mostly we walked the course in the 70 degree weather. 

At the end we got loft of bags of powder to throw at each other. A big fight broke out among us, and we all got covered in every color. It was a lot of goofiness and fun. 


I think our excitement committee is off to a great start. We have a lot more events planned to keep up the fun and team building. 


The best part was Todd dressing up as an ice cream cone. Tons of people wanted to take pictures with him and he was a big target for the people shooting paint. 


The run was over before noon, so we spent the rest of the perfect weather lounging by the pool and having an impromptu BBQ complete with burgers, brats, and beer. 

When the sun finally went down, we grabbed some sushi and headed downtown to the bars to hang out and sip on Mojitos. Overall it was a great "spring" day and I was exhausted by the time I laid down in my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment