Sunday, February 22, 2015

Saturday hike

So I was recently told by one of my friends about a website called meetup.com. It's basically a way for people of similar interests to meet up and do whatever. So, I went on and found a nice looking hiking group and decided to give it a go! 
We went on a 8 miles hike in the southern most tip of Sequioa national forest, on the whisky flat trail. It was very easy by my standards, but it was nice to walk and talk with my new found friends.
Everything was surprisingly very green and there was even water in the river.apparentmy in the spring, the river is popular for rafting. 
I really enjoyed meeting the mixed groups of people. There were 20 of us ranging in age from 20 to 58. There were two geologists, an au pair from Germany, some IT guys, a few oil workers, and a teacher. 
It was a different experience but I love meeting new people. I even got invited to some more events, so this random website really paid off!

And I got back in time for hockey, where the team won 4-0 against the best team in the league. It was a very exciting game that cracked a 10 game losing streak!

No comments:

Post a Comment