Monday, August 1, 2016

Richmond

So I went from beautiful, perfect Hawaii....to Maryland and Virginia. I had to go back to the east coast for a trial. Luckily, two of my friends had just moved to Virginia, so I got to go see them!

We went out in Richmond Virginia, which was pretty fun. Lots of country music.

The next day we explored the city. First stop...the White House of the confederacy 
We took in a lot of history of the civil war. The coolest was they had all the flags surrendered at the Battle of Gettysburg.

It was a nice day out, so we traveled over to Belle island, which was an awesome park in the middle of the city
There was a lot of abandoned stuff to explore
And then we went to the confederacy graveyard to see all the Southern general's graves.
Richmond was a surprisingly cool city. It was a good, random trip and another place off my to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment