Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mt.Baldy

Through my multiple hiking trips and just living in California, I have heard about several legendary hikes that anyone who calls themselves a hiker needs to tackle. This weekend, it was time to start with the easiest one...a mere 6 mile hike to 10,000 feet...Mount Baldy
It's called Mount Baldy because there is approximately zero coverage from trees on the top of the mountain. The trail we did was called The Devil's Backbone and it was a grueling uphill battle in 92 degree, no cloud sun.
We did our best to keep spirits up, but it was brutal 
We finally reached the summit at noon, and I pretty much collapsed from joy and exhaustion
After lunch and a quick nap, I felt awesome! Especially looking down at what I had climbed 
 Being 10,000 feet above the world was pretty cool. But it was way too hot up there, so it was time to head back down.

Luckily halfway down, we came across the greatest thing ever....a ski lift we could take the rest of the way 
The total hike was just over 10 miles, and it was easily the hardest I've ever done. But I'm glad I was able to defeat the mountain. I can't wait to take on the next one!

The weekend wasn't over, and despite my burning muscles, the next day my friends talked me into doing an escape room.

Basically the way it works is you get locked in a room (and in our case chained to a wall) and you need to solve puzzles to get out.

We did a puzzle that had a 17% success rate, and not only did we escape...we had the 3rd fastest time!
Guess it helps that we are all scientists!

No comments:

Post a Comment