Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mom visits! Pt 2 Napa Valley

The next day mom and I changed gears from the rugged outdoors to the finery and luxury of Napa Valley. As a wine lover, I have been wanting to take a trip to Valley since I turned 21
We quickly learned that we should have had some sort of plan, as the wineries need reservations and such, but we had pretty good luck winging it.

First up, we went to Charles Krug, the oldest winery on Napa 
The coolest part definitely their giant barrel room
Next up was the famous Beringer
Mom was very obsessed with the house on the property. It was beautiful, but unfortunately we couldn't stay long because we had a reservation at what become my favorite place, Prager Port works
Port has become one of my favorite alcohols, so I was excited for this stop. The place was very different, more rustic and relaxed compared to the rest of Napa. Mr. Prager himself was pouring the port, and was quite the old fashioned hippie. Everything we drank was delicious, especially the White Port which I didnt into even know existed!

Mom was doing her usual of talking to everyone, and through that we met a Scottish couple who happened to work for a winery down the road, BV (can't remember what that stood for) they gave us their card so we decided to try it out

Turns out those cards got us to a free reserve wine tasting in the club members room. Very swanky.
That night we grabbed a nice dinner and went to bed, because I had an early morning surprise for Mom....

No comments:

Post a Comment