Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mom visits! Pt. 1 Yosemite

Yes yes I know I haven't updated in a while! Things have been crazy I can't believe it's already July! But since my plane is delayed 5 hours, I thought it would be a good time to update the blog (I hear there have been some complaints)

I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks since Mom visited me. Hopefully I remember everything!

It was hard to find things in California that Mom hasn't done yet, but luckily she had yet to visit my new favorite place in California...so it was time for another trip to Yosemite!
It was just as beautiful as I left it. We started out Glacier Point, which had been snowed in the last few times I had gone. 
That's the amazing Half Dome behind us, which I hope to climb one day. I got to scare Mom a lot with my love of sitting and standing on the edge of cliffs while we were there
That waterfall I'm looking out at is the one that my friends climbed a month earlier.

Mom also got to experience the scariest thing I've seen while hiking. We were on a trail when we heard something ahead of us. We looked up and saw an enormous bear heading right toward us! We quickly turned and went the other way, and he lumbered away. I regret not getting a picture but I wasn't about to stick around!

Next we headed down to the valley to see Yosemite falls, this time for me to get a view of the lower part of it 
Mom got some wilderness pictures too!
Overall, another great trip to the best national park in California! I probably won't return this summer because it's too busy, and I will miss it a lot


No comments:

Post a Comment