Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Where in the US is Katie?

It was a busy week and weekend as I started my week and a half of travel for work. 

First up, I made my return to Baltimore for two big trials. They both went really well but resulted in two, 16 hours days and me getting covered in ingredients
Those are some dirty lab coats. 

Saturday I slept in and got a massage to recover from the two long days. Everyone that was with me left to go back home, so I was left all by myself. But that beer bothered me, so I took myself to Georgetown for the day to enjoy the sunshine
It was a beautiful day for walking along the river, window shop stores I can't afford, and eat some sweets. The best part was seeing all the green
Sadly the cherry blossoms were all dead.

The next day was back on a plane, this time heading to Detroit, Michigan.

I was a little nervous going to the "most dangerous city in America" but quickly found that it is beautiful and safe downtown
I got to wave at Canada across the river
I wanted to check out Joe Louis arena, which is where the Red Wings play and is the second oldest hockey arena. Since it's the playoffs, I somehow ended up with a free tshirt and a great picture!
I found out their tickets are super cheap, so I picked one up for Tuesday night.

Next up, I checked out the enormous GM building
The coolest part was they had all their cars in their lobby to check out
The sun started to go down, so I knew it was time to get out of there. So I hopped in my rental car and drove to my final location, Toledo Ohio
I am in Toledo all week for work, helping a comanufacturer learn our products I may die of boredom ere, as most of my time is spent hiding in a hotel room. But this weekend I have something so exciting prepared, it will be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment