Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Vegas baby!

I'm getting very, very bad at posting on time so I have just accepted that most of my posts will now occur on Wednesdays. 

This weekend was another big out of state trip, this time to Las Vegas!

Luckily Vegas is not that far of a drive, only 3.5 hours through the open desert until you see all the bright lights!

The first thing we did, since we were all starving was check out Fremont street and old town Vegas and grab some dinner 
There were lot of strange characters and street performers. There was so many places to look at, it was overwhelming. 

Next it was off to The Palms to a really cool bar
Yes, the bar was 55 stories above the strip and all outdoor. It was quite a view. 
We didn't know the Mohawk guy, he just jumped in out picture.

The coolest part was the edge of the bar was all glass, so you could look straight down
The craziest thing is that the bar never closes. So though we left at 3:30am that was considered early, and the party was just getting started!

The next morning we (unhappily) woke up early and hit the strip to explore. It's crazy how much the city has changed since I was last there 4 years ago.

Luckily, my favorite part was still there, the bellagio fountains
After 6 hours and 30,000 steps, we were tired and ready to be done with exploring. 

Luckily, it was time for the reason I went to Vegas...Penn and Teller!!
They were amazing, doing all sorts of crazy tricks from making an elephant disappear to making a cell phone appear in a fish to an awesome cars trick with the whole audience. Normally I can figure tricks out, but so many of them I had no idea how they did it!
After the show, it was back to the Venitian where we were staying to go to Tao, some hip Asian themed club. It was packed with tons of people, including birthdays and bachelor parties. We had a lot of fun dancing and people watching.

The next morning we woke up and drove back to Bakersfield, where I took a very long nap. Vegas was a ton of fun, but I think I need a weekend off after all that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment