Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Arizona weekend

Sorry I am behind again! It was quite a weekend and I needed a few days to really recover. We had a 3 day weekend so that only means one thing....Road trip!!
(Taken by not the driver)

This was the most ambitious road trip I've done so far, as baby beetle finally left the state of California to go to Arizona!

My friend and I drove 7 hours Thursday night with only one real mission: to see the Grand Canyon. 
It was really amazing. I didn't appreciate the size of it until I was there and we hiked down into it. We only went 2 miles down and still couldn't see the bottom!!
The hike was very intense. We were going straight down...which means we had to go straight up to get back 
But it was worth the views
It was surprisingly cold in the canyon, which was really nice for a change!

That night we drove down the state to get to Pheonix area.

The next day, we took in some spring training baseball
Explored Pheonix, including the stadiums 
Went to a classic car show (shopping for a new beetle?)
Checked out old town Scottsdale 
And newer town Scottsdale
Sunday it was driving time again, though luckily this time my friend and I switched off so I could get a break.

About 4 hours in, we stopped for food and a break and stumbled on the best rest stop ever
Overall, a lot of driving and adventure. Totally worth it to see another state and finally experience the Grand Canyon!

The total miles on baby blue..,,

No comments:

Post a Comment