Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Mexico business trip

So our Outshine fruit bars are doing very well, in fact they are doing so well that we need some help making them. One of the factories we have recruited to help us is all the way down in Mexico, which means someone has to go down there and check that they are doing things right. And guess who got to go? 
Agata, my project manager James and I all got to spend 3 days in beautiful Lagos De Morena, a cute historical town about two hours from Guadalajara. It is kind of the Bakersfield of Mexico, complete with dried up river.

Our hotel was in a prime location, right next to the enormous city center church
The second picture is out my hotel window, pulled from snapchat.
There was also a beautiful little square full of people and live music
It was sunny and 75 every day we were there. 

Obviously we spent most of our time working in the plant. The factory was very similar to ours, although the dress code made us kind of look like ice cream doctors
And the best part was eating the Mexican ice cream
And at the end of the day we got to eat a lot of delicious Mexican food, and enjoy some cervezas 
Probably the two most interesting things about the trip are that 1. I remember a lot more Spanish then I thought. 2. Mexicans really love old school VW beetles. I have never seen so many in my life, in every color driven by all kinds of people
I have no explanation for this.

It was an awesome trip and it defiantly changed my view on Mexico. It's not some crazy, gang filled country that's super dangerous. Most Mexicans are extremely nice and hospitable, and I would go back if I ever have the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment