Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween!

I My first major holiday in California! It was quite an interesting night. First, the biggest news...it rained last night!!! It was the first rain here in 18 months. Crazy.

So I started off at my co-workers party. 
She was Jessica Rabbit. My other friend is also a Katie and she is on my soccer team. I was lame this year and was just a pirate after I found a cheap costume at a consignment shop. 

The party was mostly married people, so my one younger friend came and "kidnapped" me to go to bars. We went to a haunted hotel that was built in the 20s. They were having a burlesque-themed halloween party. It was pretty cool.

There were girls on stilts
And fire eaters 
And an awesome live band
And this crazy performer
It was a really cool party. We ended up meeting some other young people from Nestle and made new friends. 

The craziest was I met a guy who went to my rival high school. It's a small world. 

And the best part was running out in the rain at the end of the night. I didn't realize how much I missed it. 

It was a very fun evening. Whoever told me there was nothing to do in Bakersfield was very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment