Saturday, November 8, 2014

First Friday

Last night 3 of my friends and I headed downtown for First Friday! 
First Friday was an art street fair that takes place downtown the first Friday of every month. There were lots of cool things to buy (which I didn't) 

One of my favorites was wallets made from old comic books. 

There was a really cool henna artist so the four of us each got one. Luckily they fade in a week so our bosses won't get mad :) 

We then went to the local noodle bar so I could get my favorite food, Pho!
I couldn't believe there was such good Vietnamese cuisine in the middle of the desert. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was still really good!

Afterward we headed to a dive bar to check out a local band. They were awesome with a full horn section and a mixture of salsa music and big band Jazz.

Bakersfield continues to surprise me with how much it has despite being known as a not-so-great place to live. There is so much here once you really start to look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment