Monday, August 11, 2014

Ticket Display Decorating

Praise all that is holy I have internet! 

An interesting theme it developing among everyone I meet. They all immediately assume that I am here to go to Cal State, that I am just entering college. So I look 18 still? Not sure if this is a compliment or insult. 

Also there are two things people in Bakersfield love talking about:
  1. The weather. Everyone always bring up the heat, as it has yet to be under 100 degrees during the day while I have been here. They also mention how it cools off in the winter. Can you believe that last winter it was under 50 degrees for a whole week??? Freezing.
  2. How everything worth doing it two hours away. The beach, skiing and snowboarding, the national parks, Los Angeles. I notice no one ever mentions fun stuff to do IN Bakersfield. But two hours away? The possibilities are endless.  
So today I got to spend 5 lovely hours waiting for my internet and cable to be set up, so I decided to use my time to decorate my empty white walls. 

I’ve keep a lot of my tickets through high school and college, and I wanted a cool way to display them. This is what I ended up with:




Yeah, its been done on pinterest before but I didn’t really care. Basically all I did was take a shadow box and put in pretty paper and filled it with my tickets, But I think it ends up looking pretty cool in my hallway! 



Not much else going on today. I’ve never seen Dead Poet’s Society before, and in honor of Robin Williams I am finally going to watch it tonight. 

Telling you of nonsense things,
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment