Monday, August 25, 2014

10 Things I want to Do in My First Year in Cali

There is so much I want to do in California, I decided I should list my goals and dreams for the next year. Hopefully my blog with follow me knocking these off the list!

1.  Bike the Kern River Bike Trail
This is a 45 mile round-trip trail that runs right behind my apartment. Going to have to wait until its not over 100 degrees for this one. 
2. Climb The Jar
3000 foot hike in just 3 miles. Very steep trail but its just 20 minutes away from my apartment. Going to need to train for this one! 
3. Learn How To Dirt Bike
Yes Mom, I know it's dangerous. Dirt biking is really popular around here and the more I hear about it, the more I want to give it a try! 
4. Surf Malibu
First, I will need to learn how to surf. Minor details. 
5. Camp in Death Valley
Obviously I will be doing this during the winter. My co-worker showed me pictures of a group of Nestle people who went last February and it looked magical. 
6. See a Live Taping of a TV Show
Being so close to LA, this is a given. My main goal is to see Conan or The Price is Right, but any show would be interesting to see. 
7. Hike Yosemite
Obvious. The real goal is to go more then once.
8. Go to a Napa Winery
I really want to go on the train throughout all the wineries, but in my first year I will take any. 
9. See a Kings Game
Seeing the current Stanley Cup winners would be pretty cool. Bakersfield has a team too but that's just not the same. 
10. Go to the Rose Bowl
I mean, it won't be as cool as a Penn State game (and we can't be in the rose bowl grrrrr) but the history and pageantry of the game would be neat.

Hopefully I will start in on these soon! I've been making friends at work who have similar interests, its just a manner of planning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment