Monday, April 6, 2015

Catalina Spring Break: Day 1

It was a long, exciting weekend. We got Friday off for spring break, so a group of my friends and I decided to celebrate with a trip to catalina island, off the coast of LA. 
It was perfect weather for a grand adventure. We rented kayaks and a campsite. The water was a clear blue and the sun was high in the sky all day. 
It was a tough 7+ mile paddle to our campsite, but it was beautiful. We saw sea lions basking in the sun, tons of other boats, and lots of sea birds. 
We got to our campsite early afternoon. You could say it was pretty. 
After setting up camp, my friends Tina and Andy and I went snorkeling in our harbor. We saw lots of little fishies, particularly these big orange ones that are state fish of california. I had a blast diving down to swim with them. I have never been in water so clear, it was quite an experience.

We followed up with some exploring. There was lots to see.
And then a campfire at night and falling asleep to the sound of crashing waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment