Sunday, January 25, 2015

Planting season

Well, it's the end of January. You know what that means. Time to plant veggies and herbs. 

But seriously, apparently it's currently prime planting season for the central Californian valley. So I spent my day building up my veggie garden for 2015! 

No pictures yet, people don't want to see boxes of dirt! I'll post pictures when I actually grow stuff. I planted peas, spinach, bell peppers, and carrots for now. I plan on planting strawberries too, once I find strawberry seeds or a plant. 

And of course, I'm re-booting my herb garden. My basil and mint didn't last long last time, so this time I'm starting from seed instead of $1 grocery store plants.
Hopefully these grow nice and big within the next few weeks! 

I also got a new, better chair for my balcony. This one is California sun proof and easier to clean. And more comfortable! My balcony looks way better now, just in time for the warm days to start coming back. These 60 degrees days have just been too chilly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment